If you need help getting all this ticker stuff to work please email us and we will try to help you out. But first, please read our FAQ below to see if your question is answered there.
Can someone tell me how to make a mini-ticker? I don't see anything on these on the site.
To make a mini ticker go ahead and make any ticker type, at the end you will have the option of making it "mini." Here at AlternaTicker HQ we call them "shorties."
I love your tickers. Can you please make ____________ (twins, weightloss, TTC) tickers?
I have big plans for all kinds of ticker types, but I am just one woman and I pay my programmer out of pocket (all for the love of cool tickers) so I can't roll out new features as quickly as I would like. However here are the features/new ticker types we are either currently working on or planing on making.
A cool image cropper so y'all can crop your own thumbnails (and prevent gigantic images from breaking the site).done The ability to add more than one icon to your ticker. People with multiples this will be for you, you'll be able to pick a different icon for each kid and add it to your ticker.done A cycle tracker ticker. This is going to be the coolest TTC ticker EVER!done
- An all purpose goal tracker. Track weight lost, socks knitted, Facebook friends added — whatever you want!
- A secret ticker type. This will be a ticker type I don't think any other ticker site offers, so I am keeping it under wraps
- My AlternaTickers accounts. You'll have the ability to register for an account and be able to manage all of your tickers, thumbnails, etc.
- And More...
How do I get my ticker to show up on my Facebook page?
Facebook doesn't allow users to add images hosted on other sites to profiles. The only way to get an updatable AlternaTicker on a profile would be for us to make a Facebook app for it. Unfortunately that wont be happening any time soon since I pay for programming out of pocket and I have a bunch of other stuff I want to do first (see above). However, I would happily welcome any ticker-loving Facebook app developers willing to donate their time to developing a Facebook App for us :-) :-D.
I need help loading my ticker on my sig file. I have no idea how to do this.
There are a lot of forum software packages out there, but the most common place to edit your signature is in the edit profile screen. Also search the posts on your message board. Most likely someone has posted "Help, how do I get my ticker in my sig?" and people have posted instructions. Here are links to documentation on editing your profile for common forum software packages.
- PHPBB - Orienting Yourself in the User Control Panel
- vBulletin - User Profile Features
- Community Server - Editing a Public Profile
- Cafe Mom - How do I add a signature to my CafeMom account? With How-To Video